Social Media

Sep 25, 2014

How Entrepreneurship Screwed Up My Life.

First of all I would like to give a little introduction of myself, so you can understand my background,

“I did my graduation in Eng literature and then MBA in IT and Finance and the most awful thing is that I don't have background of either”.

Therefore at the beginning I faced many hurdles to land a job, every interviewer wanted to know why did I go for IT and Finance, actually to tell the truth, the decision was wrong anyway since I’m very expert in manipulation so finally got a job and the thing was going fine. Due to my continuous success in my job I become very dear to management of that company and that time I came to know that there is a misunderstanding among the partners.

I was about to leave that company for the hope to hike in my salary as everybody was known to me in that Industry so I wanted to take the benefit of that situation then suddenly one of the Partner of that company came to me and offered me to start our own business at the beginning I was hesitating to go with him since it seems a kind of cheating others for the benefit of personal gains but somehow that man succeeded in his mission and convinced me to start our own, I kept all the ethics in shelf and started with him, and this is the biggest blunder decision of my life so far.

Many close friends and former colleagues of mine said I was “brave”, “courageous” and “did the right thing”. Some also told me that they “wished they had the courage to do exactly the same thing” and that it would be a “fantastic feeling” to do it. For me I knew it was my biggest career mistake I could have done till date.

For Startup, according to me, 1st, either you go for your own (Sole Proprietorship) or if you are going with partner(s) then you must know him/her (them) in details, their background everything or at least they should not be so selfish to leave you alone in the dense forest where there numerous starving dangerous carnivorous animals are living. 2nd, the most important thing is that you must have that much backup that if God forbade, your business go down for some reason as startup has many ups and downs then you can be able to survive with your business in these days. (by backup I mean financially strong enough).

And if succeeded in 1st two points then be ready to answer for the 3rd point until you are Mark Zuckerberg of FB,

“Sooo, how is your business doing?! Is it growing?!” “When will you have your BMW?”

You may fed up by explaining to people that a business needs more than one day to grow.

At the beginning of my startup everything was going fine during these days when I was about to be a father I’m out of my business for around 2 months (I mean I could not be able to focus on business) everything has been collapsed, my clients were not served well by my company so they ultimately abandoned me, I was expecting others would take care but nobody took care your work, you are the sole responsible, when I returned to business with full concentration everything was beyond my reach, I tried my level best but it was over and my half partner had a secret strategy to push me out of business, told me lets divide the employee, you bear the half expense and I’ll bear the half as the cunningness underneath here was(which I later understood) he has few fixed clients, I don’t have enough fortune, could not bear the burden of expenses, first, I’m out of my savings then I bound to release my employees, my card has been blacklisted and ultimately I'm kicked out of my own business.

After winding up my business I was expecting to land a job soon as I have lots of exp in my field but I was wrong, interviewer always have a problem, they says you are an entrepreneur by heart and we need an employee, till day I’m unable to understand what the F*** difference between an Entrepreneur by heart and Employee but I think it's just a matter of time, sometimes things are happen in front of your eyes and you cannot do anything expect to bear the pain lies underneath, thus time was passing by, one month, two month, three month until eight month after my business I could not land a job for me then I made a strategy and changed my CV, omit the Entrepreneurship portion. During these days where was the status of morale I could not say, I was started thinking of myself that I’m a useless burden on the earth.

Then a very local company was showing some mercy and interest on me and I finally got a job, they did not go to check the details of my past I think they were in hurry to hire one so they hired me.

This eight month I went through the pain, trauma and agony could not be able to express in words, soon realized I was starting to pull myself away from social gatherings and eventually find myself alone in the desert, out of savings, card is blocked, borrowed from others were also finished and lender, banker everybody started pressuring me to return back their money, nobody tried to understand my situation, my wife and kid left me and went away what else I can say, I’ve no idea perhaps this was my life’s worst experience.

What happened to me, made me stronger but I would never do it again, because it came with a big price and could have ruined a promising career and importantly sucked my life and the worst part of this entrepreneurship was I lost many close friends and one best friend.

What about you? Do you have any similar experiences and how did you pick your career back in the track? Waiting to hear your story…

Feel free to connect with me also on Facebook: here or Twitter: @zubairchoudhury

No comments:

Post a Comment